Thursday, February 16, 2006

I caved-I made a purchase


I don't know when I thought I would start shopping but it definately wasn't going to be until "later." Well I guess "later" is here because I made my first purchase. I had to do something to celebrate being DTC so this weekend I bought my daughter a blanket and socks from Gymboree's popular ladybug line. I can't believe I'm shopping for girl stuff!!

I don't know if I've mentioned it in previous entries or not, but ladybugs seem to be a symbol of Chinese adoption among Americans. There's a superstition that ladybug sightings are linked to referrals being on the way. We have had some ladybug moments along the way like on October 31st 2005 we encountered a swarm of them outside Andrew's pediatrician's office. We were taking him for a physical for our home study and we thought it was interesting to be doing something adoption related and to encounter literally hundreds of ladybugs!

I'm pretty superstitious so I think maybe our daughter was born on that day. It's possible. I think it would be fun to have a birthday on Halloween! We'll see. When we get closer to referral maybe I'll start a pool for guessing her birthday. I'm sticking with Oct 31st or maybe Feb 8th (no ladybug sighting, just a feeling).

No comments: