Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I won a contest!

Woohoo! I'm royalty!

Ok, not real royalty but stamping royalty. I entered a handmade card into Paper Crafts magazine's Stamping Royalty contest and I won in the the category of color washes and distressing with ink. An editor called me on Monday to tell me the good news. I've won over $200 worth of stamping products that will be arriving in about 2 weeks, my card will be published in the November issue of the magazine, and I get to be a part of the design team for the magazine for the next year! I'm so excited!

The card I made is red, black, and tan and has the Chinese symbol for love as the focal image. Here's a link to the stamp set I used:

http://carolynh.myctmh.com/WebSites/Templates/MyCTMH/Template1.aspx?PageID=39411&Search=Yes

And here's a link to the magazine's website:

http://www.papercraftsmag.com/

I'm not sure when they'll post the list of winners on the website though. (I believe there are 20 winners total.)

I never did take a picture of the card before I mailed it in but I can't post it anyway until after it's published so we'll have to wait until the November issue comes out to see it.

Hmmm, I wonder if I'll get a tiara in my prize box?

(just kidding ;-)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see the picture of your card!

Mrs Pushy said...

Congratulations!! I handmade all the invitations to my best friends baby shower last fall, so I am well aware of all the work that can go into something like that. Except I copied a design, and you actually made one up yourself!!!! I am looking forward to seeing it!