Monday, January 28, 2008

Alyson's Baptism and (early) Birthday Party

Alyson's Baptism was last weekend. I finally got to put her in the dress I bought for the occasion when we were in Guangzhou (China). I was afraid that we waited too long and it wasn't going to fit but it turns out it was a tad too big. She looked adorable though and she handled the Baptism really well considering she's almost 2 and didn't know what was going on.







She looks thrilled doesn't she? We're just glad she's not screaming so this is a pretty happy look afterall.

We're so glad our friends could celebrate with us!




Party Time! (The doorway streamers were a big hit!)
We decided to celebrate Alyson's birthday a little early since we had our friends here.





Mmmm. Cake.

Alyson is intently checking out one of her new Bibles.

Aww. She loves her Godmother Gen :-)
*
Side note: To those of you that haven't seen me in person for awhile and are wondering what's up with my crazy long hair, well, I haven't had it cut since May so now I figure I might as well grow it out long enough for Locks of Love. I need a few more inches. So yes, it kind has an 80s thing going on but I blame genetics (for the curls) and laziness and now a purpose (for the amount :-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Happy Early Birthday Alyson! We miss you!
John, Andrea, and Natalie (your Kunming buddy)