Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Some folks got referrals this week

So the people with LIDs from May 14, 2005 through May 25, 2005 got their referrals yesterday. Well I should say several of those people got theirs. Apparently referrals for at least two agencies are lost in the mail. Supposedly the CCAA uses DHL to send referrals to the agencies then most agencies use fedex to send the packets to the parents. It sounds like DHL has "misplaced" the packets. I haven't read anything more about it today but hopefully the families that are still waiting will hear something soon.

The referral, by the way, contains the baby's picture and varying amounts of medical and other info about the baby/child. People who have recived their baby information this week will hopefully travel to China in 6-10 weeks to be united with their child.

It's pretty discouraging for only 10 days worth of LIDs to be matched this month but there's no way of predicting what will happen next month. For the most part it appears that the CCAA sends referrals only once a month but it has done two batches in a month previously so anything can happen. All I know is that if they continue to match only 10-15 days worth of LIDs per month then we have a loooooong way to go.

Here's a quote I wish I could embrace but I don't think I have the patience of Maya Angelou. I'll try though.

Since time is the one immaterial object which we cannot influence--neither speed up nor slow down, add to nor diminish-- it is an imponderably valuable gift.
--Maya Angelou

No comments: