Tuesday, May 22, 2007

just a quick update

Hi Everyone, sorry for not posting last night. I'm getting some kind of chest cold and was running a fever yesterday so I was too pooped to post last night. I got a good night sleep so I'm doing ok. Alyson coughed quite a bit last night too but didn't cry.
Sometime yesterday afternoon she decided we're as good as it gets in terms of a family so she's really coming out of her shell. She has been talking up a storm and cruising all over the hotel room. She's into everything, especially the remote. She won't walk on her own but if you hold at least one hand she can practically run. She's smiling and giggling more. She's not too fond of hte camera so I haven't captured a smile yet.
We survived the Kunming Walmart. It's 3 stories and has just about anything you could need. Everything is so cheap. We got tons of stuff for I think $45. That would have been a $100 trip in the US easily. In the afternoon, Andrea and I walked down the street to pick up our laundry that we had dropped off yesterday. Laundry here is so funny. They press and fold everything and wrap it in plastic, even our underwear.
Walking back from the laundry we found a couple children's clothes stores and a cute baby store. I bought a stroller in the baby store for $15. It's a decent umbrella stroller. The baby carrier I brought, the playtex hip hammock, is terrible so we're hoping Alyson likes the stroller. She's a heavy wiggly monkey so carrying her is tough. She did enjoy the Walmart cart though so that bodes well since everyone knows how much time I spend in Target. It would not be good if she hated the cart.
She threw a proper toddler fit yesterday around 5 and we finally figured out that she was jsut hungry. We've forgotten about how much these little people need snack constantly or they get cranky. Other than that one fit, she's been great. There are more to come I'm sure :-)
Today we are going to the Expo garden, Kunming is known for it's flower production, then we are going to see Alyson and Natalie's finding spots. We found out the other day that Alyson was found a the #31 bus stop in Guandu. Tomorrow we will tour the orphanage and give them the extra baby supplies that we purchased at Wal Mart for them. On Friday we are going to a vilage.

I will try to post pictures tonight. I need to get little miss up and at em.

Love to all!

No comments: